Ecclesiastes 3:1 “To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven” NKJV
This scripture is saying that everything and every season has its proper time or cycle. l look at this as- you won’t be in that season forever! That’s good news!
There are many different seasons we can go through; not every season is a negative
season or one that has a darkness surrounding it. There are seasons of harvest, success in every area of life or a desert season. There are seasons of growth, seasons of reflection, seasons of sowing, of reaping, seasons of rest, refreshing, seasons of busyness and seasons of testing our character and the trials of life.
No matter the season we are in, the Lord requires that we be diligent to do some things. The Bible tells us that: “the soul of the diligent will be made fat”: Proverbs 13:4. In other words those who are diligent, focused, who have mined or dug for gold, will be made fat, or satisfied. Here are a few things that can be done in every season of life so you will be satisfied.
- Spend time in the Word of God: Take the time to study and memorize the Word, plant it in your heart: Psalm 119:11. In Colossians it says that hiding in Jesus are treasures of wisdom and knowledge. We must dig for His treasures; which will help us to grow and stay strong. Read Colossians 2: 2-3 to see what the Word will do for you.
- Confessions/ Speak the Word: Find scriptures that you can speak over your situation. Life and death are in the power of the tongue: Proverbs 18:21. Speak God’s Word over your life!
- Prayer: Spend time praying in the Spirit it will build your faith: Jude:20. Pray with your understanding. Build your relationship with the Lord by talking with Him. Then leave some time to hear what He has to say; don’t do all the talking. It should be a two-way conversation, so take time to listen for His voice.
- Praise & Thanksgiving: Praising God will keep you from complaining. Praise Him regularly for what He is to you and thank Him for what He has done for you. God inhabits the praises of His people: Psalm 22:3. So keep on praising Him.
- Go to church: Church is where you get strengthened, encouraged and comforted. Don’t ever let the season you are in keep you from the family of God. We need one another.
You need to be diligent in the good seasons, or you will sow for a season of lack in any area. Many do all the right things when they need the Lord to come through; but after the answer comes they relax their grip on the Lord until the next crisis comes along.
To be honest, I have had a few of these seasons over the years. Two come to mind and both ended up in a season of lack and a desert (spiritually dry) season. In a season of harvest we feel we have earned the right to relax spiritually. As long as we live on this earth we don’t have that luxury, not with an enemy that is looking for an opportunity to take you out.
Don’t be like the sluggard in Proverbs 6: 6-11: “a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep- so shall your poverty come on you like a prowler”. Be like the ant that “provides her supplies in the summer and gathers her food in the harvest: so she can eat all winter!,